I opened my eyes with a jolt of alertness.
It was dark. I hear raindrops splattering against the window grill as cold wind rushed in through the gap, making my body even colder than ever. Scanning through my surroundings, I dropped my guard - I'm in my room.
I flipped off my blanket, only to realise that I'm bare to the skin. I needed to put on some clothes, but not before checking the time out. The red alarm clock on the counter read 7:34am. The time surprised me a little, as I ought to have more sleep. Nevertheless, I stepped down the bed and started walking to the cupboard.I felt the coldness as my skin comes into contact with the floor tiles. A tiny chill ran down my spine as I shivered a little. Feeling like a caveman, I put on a pair of pants and switched on the computer. I then walked to the kitchen and drank 5 cups of iced water as I felt really thirsty. Feeling bloated and having a delusionary sense of being cured of hangover, I walked back to my room. It was then I realised the hangover was still there - and felt worse. A sense of regret flooded me as I sat down to face the computer monitor.
As soon as the Internet page pops up, I typed in "How to cure a hangover" on the google page. Some random page popped up and as I continued reading, the page ended with a sentence: "Time will cure all hangovers. If all else fails, then just wait for the headache to go away."
What the hell.
Another starts with: 'Part of being young is being stupid....A nasty hangover is Mother Nature's way of telling you, "Fool, I thought I told you not to drink so much. Now you gonna pay."'
Well I guess so, but both articles have not told me how the hell am I supposed to treat a hangover! I'm disappointed in google, epic disappointment. Feeling thirsty again (and with the bloatedness gone), walked up to the kitchen to fill myself with water. The cycle starts again as I walked around the kitchen feeling stupid, not to mention, bloated.
Out of nowhere, a dizzy spell hit me. The next second I know, a wave of nausea hit me too. After a session with the toilet bowl, I swore silently to myself that I would never let myself get drunk ever again.
Staggering to the basin, I fumbled with the tap. Cupping my hands to reach for the water, I braced myself for the impact of the chill. My body trembled upon contact. Droplets gilded down the edge of my cheeks as I peered into the mirror. Well, at least I'm more awake now.
I jumped at the sound of thunder. I must has missed the lightning. "Whatever," I thought, and reached for the mug, only to drop it when another blast of thunder threatened to split my eardrums.
I looked into the mirror once again and thought to myself, "What a way to start off Christmas Eve."
It was dark. I hear raindrops splattering against the window grill as cold wind rushed in through the gap, making my body even colder than ever. Scanning through my surroundings, I dropped my guard - I'm in my room.
I flipped off my blanket, only to realise that I'm bare to the skin. I needed to put on some clothes, but not before checking the time out. The red alarm clock on the counter read 7:34am. The time surprised me a little, as I ought to have more sleep. Nevertheless, I stepped down the bed and started walking to the cupboard.I felt the coldness as my skin comes into contact with the floor tiles. A tiny chill ran down my spine as I shivered a little. Feeling like a caveman, I put on a pair of pants and switched on the computer. I then walked to the kitchen and drank 5 cups of iced water as I felt really thirsty. Feeling bloated and having a delusionary sense of being cured of hangover, I walked back to my room. It was then I realised the hangover was still there - and felt worse. A sense of regret flooded me as I sat down to face the computer monitor.
As soon as the Internet page pops up, I typed in "How to cure a hangover" on the google page. Some random page popped up and as I continued reading, the page ended with a sentence: "Time will cure all hangovers. If all else fails, then just wait for the headache to go away."
What the hell.
Another starts with: 'Part of being young is being stupid....A nasty hangover is Mother Nature's way of telling you, "Fool, I thought I told you not to drink so much. Now you gonna pay."'
Well I guess so, but both articles have not told me how the hell am I supposed to treat a hangover! I'm disappointed in google, epic disappointment. Feeling thirsty again (and with the bloatedness gone), walked up to the kitchen to fill myself with water. The cycle starts again as I walked around the kitchen feeling stupid, not to mention, bloated.
Out of nowhere, a dizzy spell hit me. The next second I know, a wave of nausea hit me too. After a session with the toilet bowl, I swore silently to myself that I would never let myself get drunk ever again.
Staggering to the basin, I fumbled with the tap. Cupping my hands to reach for the water, I braced myself for the impact of the chill. My body trembled upon contact. Droplets gilded down the edge of my cheeks as I peered into the mirror. Well, at least I'm more awake now.
I jumped at the sound of thunder. I must has missed the lightning. "Whatever," I thought, and reached for the mug, only to drop it when another blast of thunder threatened to split my eardrums.
I looked into the mirror once again and thought to myself, "What a way to start off Christmas Eve."
Comments