If I can..and if I am not so lazy as to type for 10 minutes straight, I would blog my life away. Writing brings about a serene feeling in me, as compared to just talking. However, talking provides a more direct and immediate form of interaction. If only my speech is better...then I could had done lots more.
(This is totally random: As I turned my head to the right, my eyes lay on my Maxtor external hard disk..and guess what? I just realized that my external hard disk blinks! -.-)
Okok, back to the random rant, back to reality.
After acquiring books from the book fair (and through reading them), I realized that taking the initiative to speak to a stranger may be easy after all. Yes, you've guessed it. I'm reading The Game by Neil Strauss. The book actually gave me an insight as to...approaching strangers and gaining their attention. I tried some of it on a long time friend yesterday and it worked, except that I had cheated- the girl wasn't a total stranger.
Whatever.
It worked anyway, and I managed to keep her rooted to the spot for like...10 minutes? Yeah, before she decided to go back to her friends at the other table. So it's like I'm observing and picking out indicators of interests (IOI), and all that crap out of people now. Exploring their body language, and also paying more attention to my own body language.
I got a feeling that this would pay off, someday, sometime...I guess? Maybe I would meet Fiona Xie by chance and succeed in picking her up, who knows? lol.
Writing really makes me feel better, I'm almost recovered from the emo downward spiral I've experienced since 6pm...technically, I was on Emo mode for 2 hours, before deciding to step out of my room and do some shopping with Dad at the local shopping centre.
Well, the trip did me good, and I'm well, almost back to myself now. Now, for my hopes and dreams...I really think that photojournalists are a great bunch of people. Setting SPH as my initial target, I would want to move onto bigger platforms just like the lecturers in Objectifs. I would also need to write. Tons of writing, and a degree in Journalism would do me good. Now it is just which University to choose from.
Yes, I definately need to write essays of 1k words and above. Something I struggled to achieve during my Polytechnic days.
University - something to look forward to after the dreaded National Service. Horray! 10 months more! I'm the last to ord in both of my cliques, shit. I really hope to come up with a decision on which University to study in soon, so that my mind would be eluded, clouded, blured, whatever.
(Random rant: Hey, I'm putting all the fullstops in ever paragraphs! This hasn't happened before! Guess I'm finally taking Rachel's insistance on putting fullstops, lol)
Oh yah, also, many many thanks to dear Yiting, who agreed to be my model for the Singapore Heart Foundation's "The Little Red Dress" Photography Competition (blah, the name's a handful =x) I'm all geared up for that! You rock, Yiting! I'm so gonna miss you when you go off to Australia, totally.
Now lets pray that the shoot would go well and not a disaster as it did for my last cosplay shoot =(
*smiles widely* I'm ok already! Feeling fine! Feeling like myself! Thanks to Viv and Peijun who did all they could to brighten up my 2 hours of Emo-mode =D Love you all!
(This is totally random: As I turned my head to the right, my eyes lay on my Maxtor external hard disk..and guess what? I just realized that my external hard disk blinks! -.-)
Okok, back to the random rant, back to reality.
After acquiring books from the book fair (and through reading them), I realized that taking the initiative to speak to a stranger may be easy after all. Yes, you've guessed it. I'm reading The Game by Neil Strauss. The book actually gave me an insight as to...approaching strangers and gaining their attention. I tried some of it on a long time friend yesterday and it worked, except that I had cheated- the girl wasn't a total stranger.
Whatever.
It worked anyway, and I managed to keep her rooted to the spot for like...10 minutes? Yeah, before she decided to go back to her friends at the other table. So it's like I'm observing and picking out indicators of interests (IOI), and all that crap out of people now. Exploring their body language, and also paying more attention to my own body language.
I got a feeling that this would pay off, someday, sometime...I guess? Maybe I would meet Fiona Xie by chance and succeed in picking her up, who knows? lol.
Writing really makes me feel better, I'm almost recovered from the emo downward spiral I've experienced since 6pm...technically, I was on Emo mode for 2 hours, before deciding to step out of my room and do some shopping with Dad at the local shopping centre.
Well, the trip did me good, and I'm well, almost back to myself now. Now, for my hopes and dreams...I really think that photojournalists are a great bunch of people. Setting SPH as my initial target, I would want to move onto bigger platforms just like the lecturers in Objectifs. I would also need to write. Tons of writing, and a degree in Journalism would do me good. Now it is just which University to choose from.
Yes, I definately need to write essays of 1k words and above. Something I struggled to achieve during my Polytechnic days.
University - something to look forward to after the dreaded National Service. Horray! 10 months more! I'm the last to ord in both of my cliques, shit. I really hope to come up with a decision on which University to study in soon, so that my mind would be eluded, clouded, blured, whatever.
(Random rant: Hey, I'm putting all the fullstops in ever paragraphs! This hasn't happened before! Guess I'm finally taking Rachel's insistance on putting fullstops, lol)
Oh yah, also, many many thanks to dear Yiting, who agreed to be my model for the Singapore Heart Foundation's "The Little Red Dress" Photography Competition (blah, the name's a handful =x) I'm all geared up for that! You rock, Yiting! I'm so gonna miss you when you go off to Australia, totally.
Now lets pray that the shoot would go well and not a disaster as it did for my last cosplay shoot =(
*smiles widely* I'm ok already! Feeling fine! Feeling like myself! Thanks to Viv and Peijun who did all they could to brighten up my 2 hours of Emo-mode =D Love you all!
Comments