I read this article regarding Praise
The headline goes something like this: Should praise be given readily to improve performance?
Some of the people interviewed said that they give praise whenever it is needed, but they wouldn't give it readily
A lot of them acknowledged that praise would definitely improve morale and performance for a while, but wouldn't give it easily as they are scared that their students/employees would become complacent
For me, there was once I tried so hard just hoping to get a word of praise, but no matter how hard I tried, I still wouldn't meet the expectations
So I just gave up
and became happier, lol
Praise is needed, and I know myself, thriving on praise, but not to the point of using praise to raise my ego, but with the little bit of praise, it can drive me on further, and longer
Praise is needed- simple logic, everyone understands it, but nobody does it
Quite sad, eh?
The headline goes something like this: Should praise be given readily to improve performance?
Some of the people interviewed said that they give praise whenever it is needed, but they wouldn't give it readily
A lot of them acknowledged that praise would definitely improve morale and performance for a while, but wouldn't give it easily as they are scared that their students/employees would become complacent
For me, there was once I tried so hard just hoping to get a word of praise, but no matter how hard I tried, I still wouldn't meet the expectations
So I just gave up
and became happier, lol
Praise is needed, and I know myself, thriving on praise, but not to the point of using praise to raise my ego, but with the little bit of praise, it can drive me on further, and longer
Praise is needed- simple logic, everyone understands it, but nobody does it
Quite sad, eh?
Comments