I seriously think that I'm the odd one out in my family

The reason: I've got hip parents, and a hip grandpa

Me? I listen to hokkien songs, well, not often, but I still do XD

Why do I say that my parents and grandpa are hip? I shall explain...



  • Part 1, Case 1

One fine day, I was happily playing computer when a sudden knock on my door broke my concentration (causing my character to fall off the crane in Battlefield)

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*

Mum: OIE! OPEN UP!

Me: wah liew, die le....OK COMING,WAIT WAIT~~

*Opens the door*

Mum: eh..you listen to Jay Chou?

Me: HUH??

Mum: got buy the cd? lend mi if you got

Me: eh, I don't buy de, but can try downloading

Mum: ah?can ah?okok,I give you a list,help me get the lyrics also

Me: fuwah serious eh


  • Part 1, Case 2

Another fine day....I got back home from bball

Mum was in the kitchen

I hear S.H.E playing from the hi-fi the moment I opened the door

=.= omg

And after the song, mum whipped out her karaoke cassette and began singing Elva's songs


=________=


  • Part 2, Case 1

I walked outta my room, feeling sleepy

It was at around..10+, 11 at night

I was surprised to find Dad awake on the sofa (he'll fall aslp on the sofa everytym), and watching tv

I turned my head towards the tv to see what's preventing him from falling asleep







Dad's watching Desperate Housewives



  • Part 3, Case 1

Went to grandma's yesterday

After lunch, I sat down and began reading TNP

Grandpa then sat beside me, we looked at each other and smiled

My eyes then returned to my TNP

After a min, he broke the silence by asking:


"Never go online to look for girlfriend ah?"


Me, kinda like caught off-guard by his er..knowledge of using internet to look for friends (girlfriends, in fact) replied quickly:


"Eh...no la, haha" [Note: haha = nervous laughter]


then grandpa went:


"Alot of people go online to find girlfriend, haha"


Then I just:


"Ah...yeah, I never, haha"





Yay, I've got a hip family and I'm so excited about it

-.-

No way am I gonna be a hip uncle in the future

Comments